- Spacer Device
- Touchless Infrared Thermometer (batteries included)
Face Mask (Choose Color)
Asthma Medical Alert Bracelet (Choose Color)
Asthma Action Plan
Exterior Name Card
- Additional Instruction Card for Caretakers
This case helps parents, caretakers, teachers, school nurses, and coaches organize and secure medications for children with asthma and allergies.The Asthma KidCare Go-Bag Ultimate is designed for use by adults who care for children with asthma.
The Asthma KidCare Go-Bag has space for:
- asthma inhalers (NOT INCLUDED)
- spacer device (INCLUDED)
- epinephrine (NOT INCLUDED)
- allergy medications (NOT INCLUDED)
- nebulizer tubing (NOT INCLUDED)
- Exterior has name card allowing for personalization of bag with your child's name and picture.
- Brightly colored
- Water resistant outer shell
- Knitted nylon exterior
- Reinforced carrying handle
- Silver colored clip for easy attachment to a backpack or purse
- Dimensions 8.5" x 4.75" x 3"
- Elastic straps secure items in place
- Inside pocket for storage of instructions
- Includes asthma action plan (to be completed with your doctor's instructions)
- Additional instruction card for caretaker
SPACER DEVICE: Use of a spacer device decreases the risk of hoarseness and thrush with some asthma medications. Spacer device sold is an FDA approved AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC features anti-static properties and a see through chamber allowing patients and/or caregivers to visualize the medication dose in the chamber. The AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC has a flow signal whistle. The spacer device whistles when your child is inhaling too fast. This device encourages effective delivery of inhaled asthma medications.
BRACELET: Safety is important at Asthma KidCare Go-Bag. Our asthma medical alert bracelet is brightly colored and fun, clearly showing a child has asthma to friends and caretakers. The silicone bracelet is hypoallergenic and water resistant. Adjustable strap from 5 1/2" to 6 1/2" long, fits most children 3+ years of age.
FACE MASKS: 100% cotton reusable mask with adjustable straps and double layer of cloth. Dimensions 5.75" L x 3.75" W. Made from lightweight breathable cotton. First time use- unfold mask, hand wash in cold water with detergent, and air dry before wearing. Adjustable straps allowing you to modifying fit and tighten to secure onto face comfortably. Mask is machine washable. Helpful Hint: make top elastic strap shorter to prevent mask from sliding or shifting
MEDICAL INFRARED TOUCHLESS THERMOMETER: There is a large screen display and quick measurement in 1 second. Two modes for measurement of temperature in Fahrenheit and Celsius. 32 sets of recorded temperatures. 3 color backlight measures green for normal temperature, yellow for slight fever, and red for fever.
Medical infared thermometer
|Period of use:||3 years|
|Relative humidity:||Less than or equal to 80%|
|Battery:||d.c.3V(2 AAA batteries)|
35°C-42.0°C ± 0.3°C
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION SPACER DEVICE: AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC Inhaler Spacer
By: Monaghan Medical
An anti-static valved holding chamber (aVHC) is commonly known as a spacer, a device used with your child's inhaler to ensure the medication gets into their lungs and not in the mouth or back of the throat. The AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC has an anti-static polymer chamber which minimizes static charge and maximizes performance with pressurized metered dose inhalers (pMDI) formulations. The AeroChamber Plus® Z STAT® aVHC features a see through chamber allowing patients and/or caregivers to visualize the medication dose in the chamber.
Features & Benefits:
- Anti-static polymer helps aid in effective medication delivery.
- Built-in whistle alerts patients of improper technique when inhaling too quickly.
- Comes with Aero Chamber Plus Z Stat holding chamber
- Before you use the spacer device, wash your hands and inspect the aVHC to make sure there is nothing inside the chamber or any broken or missing parts.
- After shaking your inhaler and priming per its provided instructions, remove the caps from the ends of the spacer and from your inhaler and insert your inhaler into the back of the chamber.
- Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and form a seal with your lips.
- Breathe out gently through the chamber and depress the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inspiration. Hold your breath 5 – 10 seconds as possible.
- If you cannot hold your breath, keep your lips tight on the mouthpiece and breathe 2-3 times with your lips sealed on the chamber.
- If you hear the whistle sound, it means that you are inhaling too quickly.
- Take only one puff at a time.
How to clean your spacer device:
The spacer comes apart for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe to 158 degrees F.
- Remove front and back pieces.
- Soak 15 minutes in soapy water, agitate gently and rinse or place in dishwasher on top rack.
- Dishwasher instructions can be found with the complete instructions packaged with your spacer.
- Shake out water and dry vertically.
- Reassemble pieces.