Features & Benefits:
• Anti-static polymer for effective medication delivery
• Less medication in mouth and throat
• Built-in whistle alerts patients if inhaling too quickly
• Easy to use for kids and adults
• Compatible with most inhaler devices
• Dishwasher safe
Spacer devices allow medicine from your child's inhaler to deposit in the lungs. Use of a spacer device decreases the risk of hoarseness and thrush with some asthma medications. A space device is included with the Asthma KidCare Go-Bag Ultimate. Spacer device sold is an FDA approved Monaghan Zstat antistatic valved holding chamber with flow signal whistle. The spacer device whistles when your child is inhaling too fast. This device encourages effective delivery of inhaled asthma medications.
How to use your spacer device:
• Before you use the spacer device, wash your hands and inspect the device to make sure there is nothing inside the chamber or any broken or missing parts.
• After shaking your inhaler and priming per its provided instructions, remove the caps from the ends of the spacer and from your inhaler and insert your inhaler into the back of the chamber.
• Put the mouthpiece in your mouth and form a seal with your lips.
• Breathe out gently through the chamber and depress the inhaler at the beginning of a slow inspiration. Hold your breath 5 – 10 seconds.
• If you cannot hold your breath, keep your lips tight on the mouthpiece and breathe 2-3 times with your lips sealed on the chamber.
• If you hear the whistle sound, it means that you are inhaling too quickly.
• Take only one puff at a time.
(The spacer comes apart for easy cleaning and is dishwasher safe to 158 degrees F.)
1. Remove front and back pieces.
2. Soak 15 minutes in soapy water, agitate gently and rinse or place in dishwasher on top rack.
3. Dishwasher instructions can be found with the complete instructions packaged with your spacer.
4. Shake out water and dry vertically.
5. Reassemble pieces.